The Saginaw Trail is the primary trail the Indians traveled from the Detroit River
to the Saginaw Valley.
It wanders through Ferndale, Pleasant Ridge, Huntington Woods, Berkley, and Royal Oak.
Through our backyards and crossing our streets, but only on Lafayette St. between
Lincoln and Woodward, can you walk in the footsteps of the Indians?
Take a 1/2 mile walk in the footsteps of the Indians and pioneers while discussing the trail's history.
These questions and more will be answered.
· How do we know where it was?
· Why the City of Royal Oak is where it is?
· Where along the trail Royal Oak got its name?
· What happened with the retreat of the glaciers to cause the Indians to walk where they did?
· Why Crooks and Rochester are on angles?
June 9 at 7:00 pm Tickets are $10, limited to 25
Park & meet in the St. Mary's School parking lot
on Lafayette St., just north of Lincoln.
Click here to pre-register.